Thursday, June 26, 2014

crackers: a love story

One of the things that we have in common is our love for crackers. Yes, crackers. The crunchy, salty vehicle that brings our favorite cheeses and charcuterie to our lips. Seriously, no box of crackers is safe with us. As we have discovered a cleaner-eating lifestyle, we have made it our mission to find healthier, high-quality versions of our favorite foods. So, we thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite cracker varieties (the foundation of any good happy hour) and recount Vicki's most recent cracker shopping spree.

Crackers: A Love Story

By Vicki

Last Thursday, I stopped by our local Raley’s during my lunch break to buy a box of crackers for the office. It's a rare purchase, because unfortunately I have a problem with portion control.  Apparently, I also have a problem with box control. When I got in my car, I looked in my bag and realized I had purchased five varieties of crackers and two packs of gum. My thought when buying them was, "I wonder how this one tastes,” and they all wound up in my basket.

I think I need a cracker support group.

However, Happy Ladies, I believe my purchases were not in vein, because I can bestow my cracker knowledge upon you. Just remember not to eat the whole box (I'm still working on that). 


Did your favorites make the list? Let us know in the comments below!

Also, stay tuned for a new recipe post where we recreate one of our favorite crackers from scratch.  Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Love those TJs Raisin Rosemary Crisps--so good with goat cheese. My entry (although I hate to be an enabler for the addicted) is Trader Joe's Bite Size Everything Crackers. They're about the size of a Wheat Thin with garlic, onion, sesame, poppy and caraway seeds--a ton of flavor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love TJs! We are adding the Everything Crackers to our next grocery list. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete